Sunday, December 22, 2013

Random Thoughts on Hospitalization



I am very grateful to God for successful surgery on the 9th.    I have moved back from the Houston hospital to Tyler Rehab.  I will have to go home with home health care and home physical therapy for awhile, but hope to leave here in the next couple/few days.   I have made great progress in physical therapy and pray I continue to do so.

Sisters are wonderful!

Having a brace around the waist and leg is torture, but will not last forever.

It is easier being a nurse than a patient/nurse.  Being a patient/nurse does not make one a patient nurse!

Riding in an ambulance for four hours squashed on a stretcher with a brace that juts out two inches is not fun.

Ambulances do not have good shock absorbers.

Eating at a table with strangers in rehab is not the same as being surrounded by family or church friends.

Hospitals are made of red tape and the red tape often gets in the way of good patient care.

There are nurses and hospital staff who work for their checks and others that love what they do.  It shows!

There are people everywhere…staff and patients….who need a word of grace.

Even writing a verse on the white board or having a poem on the desk can make people think.  The Word will not return void.

Post op pain is not as bad as constant throbbing pre-op pain from cancer in the bone.

One never expects to be totally dependent on others.

Being dependent is a rough thing to do.

Being physically dependent on someone else for my basic needs has made me think how dependent we are on God every moment of every day physically and spiritually.

I sometimes resent being dependent spiritually as I do physically.

Resenting dependence on God is an insult to the Almighty.

It is easy to forget who is in control.

God has a plan and His is better than mine.

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His steps; I have kept His way and not turned aside. I have not departed from the commandments of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. "  Job 23:10-12

"You words were found, and I ate them, and Your Word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts."
Jer. 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment