Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Great Unknown



Tomorrow I go under the knife at MD Anderson, reporting in at 5:15am.  I had my pre-op work done this past Wednesday.  The scans they did then show the sarcoma is continuing to grow in the femur making the reconstruction even more vital before the bone breaks.  They reinforced that this is not curative and depending on where it shows up next, there may be more surgeries in the picture (their picture). There are many unknowns and uncertainties for me in this surgery,  but I am resting my confidence in God, to whom there are no uncertainties.  I know He has it all planned out and it will go according to His will.  I am very grateful that I am going into this with peace in my heart.

I am very blessed to have  many of you praying for me.  As I go through surgery and recovery, I would like  to ask prayer for some specific requests.

1.  That the surgery itself would go well without complication.
2.  That the pain would be controlled satisfactorily.
3.  That the rehab process would go well and that in the process my tendency to have my kneecaps dislocate would not be a hindrance to getting strength back in my legs.
4.  That I do not have to do in-patient rehab when my hospitalization in Houston is done.
5.  That I might have mobility restored to me.
6.  For sustaining grace for my family that are with me and those at home.  Rachel and David will have finals this week to add to their stress.  Chris, Bethany and Tegan will be leaving for California late in the week.  Jesse will remain at home.  Jason and Heather are coming to Houston for a couple of days along with my sister from Ohio.
7.  For peace, wellness and protection for Mother who has been fighting illness for several weeks.  At 96 health issues hit quickly and have worsening affects.
8.  That I might be a testimony to all those I come in contact with. 



Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.
The Lord is my strength and He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also, and bear them up forever.

3 comments:

  1. We love you so much, sweet Mary. Our loving thoughts and prayers go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary and Elizabeth, Just want you to know I am praying for you today, Mary, as the surgery takes place. May all of your requests be fulfilled for His glory. In Christ, Sandy Dunham from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Love You and We are praying continuously that God provides everything you asked for and we know you are in His Powerful Healing Hands!!!

    ReplyDelete