Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Abundant Blessings

 

I cannot let another day go by without hobbling to my computer and declaring the goodness of the Lord with the surgery results! 

 

Shortly before surgery began a week ago, the surgeon showed my sons and myself the scan of the tumor as well as his own diagram. He made clear that he would likely not be able to perform the surgery by laparoscopy. He also informed us that the tumor appeared to be attached to the pancreas and he might have to remove a third of that as well as the spleen.  If that should happen, it greatly increased the risks. He was hoping to remove the tumor intact, but that also was in question. With these last thoughts floating in my brain I committed it to the Lord and told the nurse anesthetist to shoot me up with Versed (anesthesia drug)!

 

When I came to in the recovery room I was told that not only was the surgeon able to complete the surgery by laparoscopy but he was also able to remove the tumor intact. I came to find out that the tumor had been attached to the pancreas and caused the surgery to be quite complex, but the surgeon was able to separate them without removing any of the pancreas!

 

So, though I could not recall where the Bible passage was at the time, my thoughts in the recovery room (and since), kept returning to how much more abundantly God had answered our prayers above what I had asked or even thought possible. Though I still have recovery to deal with and eventually the other cancer, this surgery was an answer beyond what I could have anticipated. For that I give God the glory! I am humbled by His goodness to me.

Thank Him with me! 

 Ephesians 3: 14-19

 For this reason I kneel before the Father from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment