Wednesday, June 28, 2023

His grace is sufficient

 

Yesterday I had a biopsy of the adrenal mass. Though not a surprise to me, and definitely not to God, the results show a return of the sarcoma.  God’s grace has been, and will be sufficient for me and His power will be made perfect in my weakness as the Apostle Paul well testifies to in II Corinthians 12.

The next step appears to be another trip to MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.  My sarcoma is extremely rare and my oncologist would like me to go there for a consultation to see if they have any new recommendations.  Any treatments they recommend (that I agree to) will be done here at home. Thank you for continued prayers.

 I have contemplated many hymns today, but also the first question/answer of the Heidelberg Catechism.  The answer to this question is truly my continuing comfort. May it be yours also!

 

1.

Q.

What is your only comfort in life and death?


A.

That I am not my own, 1

but belong with body and soul,

both in life and in death, 2

to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. 3

He has fully paid for all my sins

with his precious blood, 4

and has set me free

from all the power of the devil. 5

He also preserves me in such a way 6

that without the will of my heavenly Father

not a hair can fall from my head; 7

indeed, all things must work together

for my salvation. 8

Therefore, by his Holy Spirit

he also assures me

of eternal life 9

and makes me heartily willing and ready

from now on to live for him. 10

1.1 Cor 6:1920.

2.Rom 14:7-9.

3.1 Cor 3:23Tit 2:14.

4.1 Pet 1:18191 Jn 1:72:2.

5.Jn 8:34-36Heb 2:14151 Jn 3:8.

6.Jn 6:394010:27-302 Thess 3:31 Pet 1:5.

7.Mt 10:29-31Lk 21:16-18.

8.Rom 8:28.

9.Rom 8:1516

2 comments:

  1. “In the unlimitable round of His timeless existence we have never been absent from nor uncared for by Him.

    The best proof that He will never cease to love us lies in that He never began.

    What we are for Him and what He is for us belongs to the realm of eternal values.

    Without this we are nothing, in it we have all.” Geerhardus Vos

    We are lifting you up to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers and for this wonderful quote!

      Delete