Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life's Irritations



This week contained more stresses and irritations than usual with pain in the joints, wedding planning (a good stress), an audit by Uncle Sam and one piece of equipment after another falling apart, and it still keeps coming.  It made me stop, pray and think about how easy it is to be brought down by the "things" in life.  It also made me realize how grateful I should be that God has delayed my cancer progression to allow me to still be here today to deal with it all!  With humility I share my thoughts.

Someone I love
was stressed
leaving an imprint on my soul.
It sent me sliding down into
the pit of despondency,
where there was
sadness
aloneness and
fear.
To add to the debris at the bottom
things started falling apart around me;
toppling down one after the other.

As I tried to pull myself out of the abyss
I pondered how often my
tension
depression and
fears
Have left an imprint on another's soul.
I wondered how often my
words,
acts or
expressions
have caused another to sink
into a deep pit.

Then I wondered what would happen
if in the same way my
joy
hope and
contentment
would imprint themselves
upon another
leaving a footprint on their soul.
What if instead of discouragement,
my life reflected the One
Whose eye is on the sparrow,
Who watches over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment